GuidePedia

0

Mongolian director B.Uizenmaa, commonly known as Uisenma Borchu, won the Best New Director award for her film “Schau mich nicht so an” (Don’t Look At Me That Way) at the 37th Bavarian Film Awards.


 ДООР ДАРЖ ҮЗНЭ ҮҮ

The film festival took place at the Prince Regent Theatre in Munich, Germany on January 15, 2016. The young director received a cash prize of 10,000 EUR, along with a trophy. B.Uizenmaa excited the German audience with an impressive speech at the festival. “I’m a free-spirited person. I don’t hate people. I’ve always wanted to express the thoughts in my mind through something.

 I used to note down my thoughts on paper and tried writing poems and short stories. My effort has earned me this award. Thank you very much,” she said. B.Uizenmaa played the lead role while directing, and was commended for her “extraordinary” performance with amazing self-confidence and ease by the jury. The jury noted that B.Uizenmaa’s debut film, “Schau mich nicht so an”, is an idiosyncratic and provocative film, which tells the story of two young women who meet at completely different stages of life and together form a turbulent relationship. The film is said to have turned all conventional gender roles upside down and tells a story about family, power, guilt and dependence through a disturbing game. The poster of “Schau mich nicht so an” was illustrated by B.Uizenmaa’s father, Ch.Borkhuu. The film previously received the FIPRESCI Prize for Best Film at the Munich International Film Festival on July 4, 2015.

Post a Comment

 
Top